The Membership year runs from 1st April – 31st March.
Price: £55 annually. (For those joining during 1st Dec- 31st March in a given membership year your membership payment will cover you until the next but one membership renewal year)
Membership portal ( to join and manage your contact information): Newmarket Joggers Membership Portal
As a Club we operate a pay once policy which provides you with EA affiliation, access to the full training provision and a number of races that the Club enters on members behalf (see list below)
By being a member you are very much part of the local running community, you can take part in as much or as little as you want, whether that’s to train, to race, meet local like- minded people or simply the social aspect to dip in and out of as you wish- you are all very welcome.
Your membership payment is recognising the hard work put in by the dedicated team of volunteers, who manage and co ordinate the Club for the benefit of promoting running and the associated health and wellbeing benefits, as well as ensuring the Club adheres to England Athletics standards and conduct.
We do not operate a minimum performance ability to join the club. If you are looking to join in the training sessions we would expect an ability of being able to continuously run 8k outside( ie: not on a treadmill). If this is your limit we would ask that you attend the track sessions on a Tuesday night to start with. This is a ‘safe’ environment designed to build speed and endurance. We operate an annual beginners course for those completely new or do not feel confident with this distance.
Senior membership is for those that wish to train with the seniors (track or distance), and are aged 18yrs or over. Please speak to Phil Blundell for Junior membership.
For all Membership queries or enquiries please contact Sarah Martin Membership Secretary at email@example.com
As a reminder your membership fees currently include the following :-
– Affiliation to England Athletics (£16) (Individual and club). Make sure you take advantage of all their discounts for races/kit/equipment/travel!
- Training sessions twice a week including option of track session with an EA qualified coach (subject to availability)
- Training sessions at Bury St Edmunds Athletics Track on a Monday and Wednesday
- Guest coach sessions
- Suffolk League winter cross country entry
- Summer Hockeys League entry
- Possible participation in other team events (such as Eikiden Relay and the Round Norfolk Relay)
- Club ballot for London Marathon places (subject to eligibility)
- Contributing to the Health & Safety, requirements and general administering of the club
- A full calendar of monthly social events
- Being part of the local running community
Cost should not be a barrier to being a member of Newmarket Joggers, if you would like to discuss a payment option please contact Membership Secretary Sarah Martin firstname.lastname@example.org- who will be happy to chat through options which will be taken on a case by case basis.