As an EA affiliated club, we are eligible to apply for a number of Virgin London Marathon club places. Club places for 2017 will be issued from Monday 24th October 2016.
We have a club ballot for distributing these places to members. All applications must be submitted prior to the AGM in October and not on the night. The ballot will not be done until we have confirmation from VLM of guaranteed places. To be considered for the club ballot, priority will be given to member’s who fulfil all of the following criteria:
- A current first claim paid up member for at least one full year.
- Completed in club races – 5k Kevin Henry league and the previous SCAA Winter Cross Country League for the Club.
- Marshalled for the club at club events – Heath Race, 5k, 10k, 5k Handicap or Wandlebury 5 (at least one event for the 2016 ballot, but this may increase for future ballots).
- A rejection letter from the London Marathon Ballot.
- Not received a club place in the previous year’s London Marathon.
If we receive 3 places, 2 places will be for those who have never ran London Marathon before and the other will be for those who have ran London Marathon before. To be considered for either ballot you must ensure you notify the club secretary, Debbie Read, and forward a copy of your rejection letter from London Marathon before the AGM.
Once we know how many guaranteed places we have been allocated, the committee will decide if you fulfil the above criteria and arrange for the club ballot to be held. Please note that the committee’s decision is final and that these criteria may be changed in future years.